The Huron Academy dress code will be strictly adhered to. There will be no exceptions. If students report to school out of dress code they may be sent to the main office and a parent/guardian will be contacted to bring appropriate attire. Students will not be allowed to return to class until appropriately dressed.
1. Students will wear uniform shirts (with collars, turtlenecks are acceptable). There are two color choices available: Navy Blue and White in both long and short sleeves. Solid colors only. Shirts are to be tucked in at all times.
2. Boys will wear Navy Blue comfortably fit slacks or shorts knee length in the same colors. No jeans or denim.
3. Girls will wear Navy Blue comfortably fit slacks, skirts, skorts, shorts or jumpers…knee length. No jeans or denim.
4. Girls must wear a pair of matching bicycle type shorts underneath skirts or jumpers. Leg-ware (socks, tights, legging, etc…) will be allowed in Navy Blue and White. Solid colors only.
5. Standard black or brown belts are to be worn when a garment has belt loops. (Kindergarten and 1st grade excluded)
6. Absolutely no tennis, gym or athletic shoes other than solid dark black or brown are permissible outside of gym class. No sandals or open toe shoes. No shoes with wheels.
7. Dress shoes must be leather uppers in solid black, dark brown or navy blue. Height of heel should be reasonable as determined by the administration. Boots are not worn by students in school but may be worn to school and outside but students will change into dress shoes while they are on campus.
8. Shorts can be worn until October 15th and again from spring until school is out.
9. Solid colored sweaters or sweatshirts in solid navy blue and white may be worn on cold days. (No designs on sweaters) Huron Academy sweatshirts can be worn at any time as long as it is worn with a collared shirt.
10. No excessive make-up or jewelry (“Excessive” can and will be determined by the School Administration).
11. Absolutely no hats are to be worn in the classroom.
12. Students are permitted with parental permission to color their hair with certain restrictions. It is perfectly acceptable to wear any natural hair color such as blonde, black, brunette, redhead, etc… It is not acceptable to wear colored hair in un-natural colors such as yellow, green, purple, etc… Hair Styles will be conservative and conventional in nature and not be a distraction to others. Excessive hair color and style will be determined by the administration and changed immediately if required to.
13. Students are permitted with parental permission to apply nail polish to their fingernails. Nail polish in light, pale, non-distracting colors are acceptable. Bold, dark and distracting colors are not permitted.
Casual Dress Policy:
1. On occasion, casual days may be announced and/or awarded to students.
2. Students on these special days will be allowed to wear casual but clean clothing, including jeans and non-collared shirt with appropriate designs (Sports logos, designer insignias, loveable characters, etc…).
3. Tennis shoes or athletic shoes are permitted but socks must be worn (shoes with wheels are not allowed).
4. No pants with holes or tears in them will be permitted.
5. Objectionable attire which could include tank tops, spaghetti straps, tight fitting jeans or hip huggers, offensive language or pictorials on tops, tops that do not tuck into pants allowing bare midriffs to show, excessive jewelry and make-up can & will be determined by the administration.
6. No hats of any kind may be worn indoors.